My name is Ryan Meier and I like video games. I like the World of Warcraft. I think I know how to write stuff but I definitely do not. I spend a lot of my free time playing video and table top games. What is my role in the website? Well, I am Bear of Bear Vs. Man. I probably will write some reviews, and Nick and I produce a Podcast each week where we talk about the happenings in our video game related lives. Here are some video game facts about me:
- The first game I remember playing was Tetris on the Game Boy.
- The first game I remember getting was Kirby’s Dreamland and a Game Boy Pocket. It was a black one.
- I never owned a Genesis until I was 24, and I still don’t know why I bought it.
- I’ve put roughly 115 actual 24-hour days into my World of Warcraft account. I’ve said things like, “If I hit a year I should probably kill myself” and, “If I hit a year I reach Nirvana and proceed to the next stage of life.”
- My favorite game is Earthbound
- I think JRPGs are dead, and this fact saddens me. What happened to JRPGs?
- I bought reproduction carts of Mother 3, Seiken Densetsu 3, and Final Fantasy 5 on their respective consoles to play them in English on original hardware.
- I currently own and have on pre-order from Japan every Super Smash Bros. Amiibo. and they are all level 50. I constantly have a match going with four amiibos on my 3DS, and eight amiibos on my Wii U. in order to earn Custom Moves without actually having to do that manually.
I don’t have a 3×3 like Nick does. I actually plan on doing some kind of article series where I take a look at the 3×3 I made a couple of years ago and see if I still agree with the opinions of 2013 me. I’ll get back to you on that.
But I guess I’ll post it anyways.
I can already see a few outsiders. I’m looking at you, Skyward Sword.