My name is Nick Obleschuk, and I like to do a lot of different things. Among them, playing video games and writing. If I’m going to use this website to do the latter about the former, then you, the reader, have a certain right to know a little bit about me. I’m going to skip all of the unimportant stuff like “my personal history” and “why I think I’m even remotely qualified to call myself a ‘writer,'” and just tell you the most key facts that define me as a gamer, in no particular order. Maybe this will shed some light on why I have such a particular view on the subject of video games.
- The first game I ever owned was The Lion King for the Sega Genesis
- One time, when I was like nine or something, my sister’s friend lent us her Gameboy with Super Mario Land and I played it until I threw up, but I’m not exactly sure why I did.
- I never owned a PS1.
- I consider “Match-Three” to be a genre of video game.
- My favorite game ever is Dark Souls.
- I think the best controller ever made is the Xbox 360 controller, followed by the Gamecube controller.
- I play Dynasty Warriors games. Like, a lot of them.
- I own a Gameboy Micro.
- The first M Rated game I officially purchased, owned, and beat was Resident Evil 4 for the Wii.
- As of writing, my Gamerscore is 25,669
- I beat Free Bird on Expert ONCE
- I played both Minecraft and Maple Story while they were still in beta.
- The first game I owned for the PS2 was the original Katamari Damacy.
- Aside from Match-Threes, the other type of game I implicitly love is any rhythm game that changes based on the music you input.
Anyways, here’s my 3×3:
But seriously, I’m an amateur writer with a full time job who loves playing video games more than almost anything else. I realize that spending such a huge portion of my life playing games doesn’t really qualify me to write about them, but I don’t much care. I want to take some of the little free time I have and pour it in this site, and I’m not sure I expect anyone to read, but oh man, am I going to write.